Apollos Scholarship Program
The Apollos Scholarship Program directly supports the mission of the Omaha Presbyterian Seminary Foundation to seek, develop, and support excellence in Christian leadership through the Presbyterian Church (USA). The program has funded hundreds of seminary students since it was launched in 1954 by the Omaha Presbyterian Theological Seminary Board of Trustees.
- Recipients of the Apollos scholarships are students who are enrolled full-time at a Presbyterian Church (USA) seminary. Five Apollos Scholarships will be awarded in 2023.
- Apollos Scholarships will be awarded with an annual maximum of $8,000 and a total maximum potential of $24,000 over a three-year enrollment period.
- Apollos Scholarships will be paid for a maximum of three years regardless of any degrees undertaken in addition to a Masters of Divinity or any other circumstances. For example, a seminary junior may receive support for up to three years of seminary study; a middler is eligible for up to two years; and seniors qualify for one year of financial support.
- These scholarships are named to honor former Omaha Presbyterian Seminary Foundation leaders: Robert K. Adams, Eugene C. Dinsmore, Howard B. Dooley, Silas G. Kessler and William L. Mulford.
Apollos Scholarship Instructions
We have launched a new form for the 2023 Apollos Scholarship cycle. The application and all references must be submitted through our electronic forms.
Before you begin your application:
- View the scholarship information here. The sample form provides an outline of the information you should gather in preparation for your application (including transcripts and resume, which you will upload into the portal). It also lists all of the narrative questions so that you may draft your responses prior to starting the application.
- Download a checklist and worksheet here.
You may not save the application to return to later, so be sure to gather all necessary documents and prepare your responses before filling out the application.