Marilyn A. Jackson Grant
The late Marilyn A. Jackson, a member of Center Ridge Presbyterian Church in Red Oak, Iowa, made a gift upon her death that established a special scholarship program: To provide support for pastoral leadership to persons who are serving small Presbyterian churches, with a first preference for racially and/or ethnically diverse pastors within Omaha Presbyterian Seminary Foundation’s 13-state region (see below).
Applications are accepted between January 1 and July 15. Selection and payments are made in September.
- An ordained Pastor, Commissioned Pastor (CP), or Commissioned Ruling Elder (CRE)
- Currently serving in a PC(USA) congregation in Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin, or Wyoming
- Has served for 3+ years in an installed or commissioned position in congregational ministry
- Committed to small-church ministry having either
- Served for 5+ years in a church with membership of 100 or fewer or
- Served for 3 years in a church with membership of 100 or fewer, with a commitment to serve an additional 2 years
- Applicant is a of a racial or ethnic minority group
- Previous recipients of the Jackson grant must wait two years before reapplying. Priority is given to new applicants