We began in 1891 as Omaha Presbyterian Seminary. After graduating over 1000 students, the seminary closed in 1943 and the Omaha Presbyterian Seminary Foundation was established. To date, over $2.7 million has been awarded to Presbyterian seminary students for their studies.
In 1957 the Board of Trustees sponsored the first School for Pastors. Since its inception, this program has served over 4,500 pastors.
The Foundation also provides support for educational events, workshops and seminars covering a wide range of topics that serve from 10 to 200 people. Continuing Education Program Grants of up to 50% of the event’s cost are awarded to Presbyterian planning groups. Teaching Elders, Commissioned Ruling Elders (CREs) and church leaders attend these events which are hosted in their Presbytery or state within the 13-state region.
In partnership with our generous donors, we continue to enable those seeking to further their education in Christian leadership. Will you please consider becoming a donor and helping the Omaha Presbyterian Seminary Foundation open doors for those in ministry?